Re: gEDA-user: Connector overhang

David Carr wrote:

Quick question:
I have a board where several connectors need to overhang past the edge
of the board.  I'm having a hard time making this happen though because
PCB doesn't like for the silkscreen outlines of these parts to extend
beyond the boundary of the layout.  What's the right way to deal with
this situation?

Thanks,
David Carr

Hi David.
I had the same problem with some DIN connectors and fond that I could get the result I wanted by first sizing the board to enclose the outline and then changing the board size back to where it should have been leaving the connector sticking out. I am sure there must be a more elegant way of doing it though.

Colin Ager  Norfolk  UK