Re: gEDA-user: Edif net format

Steve,

I think I saw one test of a shift (reg A = reg B << reg C), for virtex synthesis produce that. I will have to recheck, and will mail you the sample.

Cordially, Chacko

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:22:42 -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:

CN wrote:
| I have a question about edif net format; I came across this when I was running Icarus
Verilog. If this is not the right forum for this, kindly point me at the right direction.

| Is it legal in edif to have multiple net refereces for parts of the same net? For
example, can the net below

| (net N16 (joined (portRef I1 (instanceRef U29)) (portRef Y (instanceRef U23)) (portRef
I0 (instanceRef U27)) ))

| be represented by two nets, with a common point:
|
| (net N16 (joined (portRef I1 (instanceRef U29)) (portRef Y (instanceRef U23)) ))
| (net N161 (joined (portRef I1 (instanceRef U29)) (portRef I0 (instanceRef U27)) ))

That's not allowed by EDIF. (At least not EDIT 2 0 0, which is what I
have the documentation for.) Icarus Verilog doesn't do that, does it?

--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,