gEDA-user: Layer confusion?

Hi folks, PCB question here. I seem to recall Harry and Bob discussing this just a few days ago, but I think I've run into something different. I've been working on the PCB layout for a side project off-and-on for the past two months or so, and I've just finished the layout...I went to create gerbers for it to send it to Advanced Circuits, and I always look them over in gerbview first.

In PCB, all the pads and traces are on the layers they're supposed to be on...but in the gerber output, all the top traces are on the bottom of the board, and vice versa. Traces, not component pads like (I think) Bob was seeing a week or two ago.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here, and more importantly how to fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

            Thanks,
            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke