Re: gEDA-user: Layer confusion?

>    Hi folks, PCB question here.  I seem to recall Harry and Bob
> discussing this just a few days ago, but I think I've run into
> something different.

No, it is exactly the same. Bob was complaining about pads because
he created the element from TRACES that were on the wrong side.
As explained in the previous messages, you just need to put the layers
on the correct side with a couple of check boxes. The problem is that
the layered named 'component' in the default installation was on the solder
side of the board. The name of the layer has no meaning, the layer grouping
is what controls.

h.