Re: gEDA-user: local symbols vs gafrc

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 23:51:44 DJ Delorie wrote:
> Just updated to the latest git head, gschem is no longer reading
> symbols from ./gafrc.  Did something change?
>
> my gafrc, It's not using the "misc" one:

Hi DJ,

The problem is that component sources are now not all directories, so they
cannot be uniquely identified that way.  You should have error spew in your
log dialog saying something like:

  Cannot add library [misc]: name in use.

This is because sources are now uniquely identified by name.

Fortunately, component-library now takes an optional second argument, which is
the name to give to the directory-based component source.

(component-library
  "/envy/dj/geda/gedasymbols/www/user/dj_delorie/symbols/misc"
  "gedasymbols/dj/misc") ; Any character is valid in this argument.

I hope that helps.

                           Peter

--
Peter Brett