Re: gEDA-user: local symbols vs gafrc

> You should have error spew in your log dialog saying something like:
>
>   Cannot add library [misc]: name in use.

Yup.  You should generate a reasonable name from the directory, if the
extra parameter isn't given and there's a conflict.  Also, the log
message is misleading: The name [misc] was not in use at the time of
the message, it's the name "" that's in use.  The message makes it
seem like there's another "misc" already, which isn't the case for me.

> This is because sources are now uniquely identified by name.
>
> Fortunately, component-library now takes an optional second
> argument,

You changed a documented user API, in a non-backwards-compatible way,
without a huge warning?  Bad programmer!  No biscuit!  ;-)

Your email implies that the different name is ONLY needed if you want
to put the same source in twice:

I suggest a popup, outside the log window which doesn't come up by
default for me, which clearly states what's happening and how to fix
it.  This is going to bite people when it's released, we should be
prepared for the questions.

DJ