gEDA-user: PDF-Documentation of Pcb-20070208

Hello,

some days ago I made a printout of Pcb-20070208 PDF-Documentation to
read it more carefully:

In my opinion "Chapter 2 Introduction" is really not a good introduction
for new users: Example:

2.1 Symbols
The top object is the layout itself. It uses a set of symbols that
resides at the first logical level. Each symbol is uniquely identified by
a seven bit ASCII code. All layout objects share the same set of
symbols. These symbols are used to form text objects on the silkscreen
and copper layers. Undefined symbols are drawn as filled rectangles. Every
font file is preprocessed by a user-defined command when it is loaded.

2.3 Elements
...Elements are loaded from ASCII coded files in a similar manner to the
layout file itself, or from the library selector window.

I am using pcb for more than one year now, but I still can not really
understand the meaning of the above statements.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski