Re: gEDA-user: two refdes's

> Many options which are currently implemented as special-case functions could
> easily be just implemented as Scheme-defined variables which are obtained
> from the current Guile environment as and when needed[1].
>
> (define attribute-promotion "enabled")

Yeah, I considered this approach a long time ago.

However, it is important that:

1) values get validated at some point (this was easy with the special
case function)

2) Since there is only one scheme interpreter for the entire gschem
process, it should be possible to set a variable in one toplevel and
not have it change in a different one.  Yes, I know there are some rc
keywords that affect all toplevels, but a large percentage affect only
one toplevel without affecting others.

-Ales