Re: gEDA-user: Component selector dialog

DJ Delorie wrote:

> So IMHO, choose one:
>
> * the window is a dialog, clicking on the list does nothing,
>   Ok/Apply/Cancel do the expected thing.
>
> * the window is a palette, clicking on the list lets you place
>   symbols, there's a way to close the window.
>
> Mixing the metaphors causes confusion.

I vote for the palette metaphor, and with the esc key as a way to "change your mind midstream" and
discontinue placing parts.  With that behavior, we could even opt to place repeatedly until esc key,
or another part selected from the palette, when you start placing that component.

John Griessen