Re: gEDA-user: Separate Vcc voltages

On tor, 2007-07-12 at 23:36 -0700, Steven Michalske wrote:
> don't use embedded nets in symbols.
>
> now this is my opinion,  but unless you have a tightly controlled
> part library it will be difficult to properly.
>

> you can also add a net attribute that will override that one I think...
>
> Steve

yes, the embedded nets seems nice if you only have one Vcc/Vdd and one
GND. But they make life a lot more difficult when you have separate
supply voltages.

>From http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scg
"Do not draw power and ground pins. That information will be conveyed
using attributes (see the netattrib document)."

Is this really the recommended way still? I've been designing in a big
commercial ASIC suite (Cadence) this spring and there you never use such
things as embedded nets. IMHO this makes things clearer since you have
full control over your nets.

--
Jonatan Åkerlind <jonatan@xxxxxxxxxxx>