Re: gEDA-user: Separate Vcc voltages

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 08:31:20AM +0200, Jonatan Åkerlind wrote:

> I've only come up with the solution to edit the 5V IC symbol and remove
> the Vcc net attribute and attach a Vcc pin instead. Any other (better)
> solutions?

The ultimate solution is to make all of your own symbols.  There are more
stylistic issues than just hiding VCC that you will run into.  You will
also run into issues where there are mistakes with symbols you download
from the net, or where the pinouts vary across packages in a way you didn't
expect.

Once you select (or write) a boxsym-type program you can make symbols
in just a few minutes.  It's much easier than doing it in the GUI.  I
would much rather make a new symbol for gschem than for Eagle!

Let us know how you like the FT232RL.  I've got some for a project that's
in the works -- I was excited to see Mouser finally stocks them.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>