Re: gEDA-user: Can't route

Mr. Jackson,

I VERY MUCH appreciate your response and comments.  In answer to your
question, "yes, I will use a 24-layer PCB if it's fully necessary."
This issue arises because the principal chip in the circuit has
something like 1700 pins and uses 3 to 4 different voltages on something
like a 45 mil pin spacing.  Without blind/buried vias the high number of
layers become necessary to provide the necessary routing space to get
connections away from the pins.  I will reduce the number of layers to
the minimum necessary to achieve a full route.

As a matter of record, the greatest number of layers I have had to use
in the past was 13.  However, the router I was using was more
sophisticated (and VERY much more expensive).
So, 24 layers are a bit intimidating.

    Harold Skank