Re: gEDA-user: Can't route

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 07:40:12PM -0500, Harold D. Skank wrote:

> I'm on a critical job, pretty large, sufficient that I had to recompile
> for 24 route layers.  Following the re-compile, I seem to be OK for
> everything until I attempt to start a route, at which point I get the
> "stale ratsnest" message.

Are you really going to use the results of a 24 layer PCB autoroute?  Just
curious.

Anyway, I modified PCB to highlight the rat that causes the problem.  It
seems that it's confused by ratlines that go from a pad to the corner of
the nearest compatible polygon.

I went into the netlist window and disabled GND and P* (appear to be your
power nets) for rats, remade the netlist and then ran an autoroute.  It's
burning up CPU routing the signals now.

If you are willing to do the power nets by hand, that might be a solution
for you.  Otherwise maybe the description above will tip off another
developer as to how to fix the problem.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>