gEDA-user: Specifying vdd connection in gschem?

Hi all,

I'm designing a rather simple circuit in gschem. Included in it are two 74126 tri-state buffers that I specify to be part of one 14 pin dip package. I used the tutorial as a reference and edited the slot attribute, gave them the same refdes and footprint, and everything looks good.

My problem is when I'm in pcb. I'll try to connect one of my power traces to the vdd pin on the footprint. pcb won't let me unless I create an explicit net line between the power trace and the vdd pin on the chip. It'll also complain to me about the traces being shorted. Is there a way to specify the vdd connection in gschem so that pcb is aware of the connection that I'm trying to make?

Thanks,
devrin