Re: gEDA-user: Is the Guile 1.8.x dependancy holding back testing?

On 7/24/07, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> For my CD to
> successfully install gEDA, it needs to install guile-1.8.  To install
> guile-1.8 I now need to install the bugnum stuff.  This is too many
> dependencies for me to feel comfortable about bundling onto a CD with
> a fairly dumb installer.

I would like to hear experience about the gwave-20070514 compilation.
Was anyone able to compile it and satified all the gnu/gna guile dependencies ?

gwave2 requires guile-gnome-platform(previously called guile-gnome)
guile-gnome-platform requires guile-cairo, g-wrap and guile-gtk-1.2
Ah yes, I was unable to build guile-gnome-platform with guile-gtk-2.0.
Bear in mind you won't find guile-gtk-1.2 on the official website.
What a mess.
g-wrap itself had some of its bits split off to guile-lib and STILL
shipping libffi.
libffi WAS supposed to be merged in GCC, but in fact most
distributions don't want to touch it because IT demands lots lots lots
of patience since each release codes/bits from one gnu/gna library are
either splitted under a new  name of merged with other gnu/gna
library.
Also libffi was supposed to be dynamic since the merge, but not.

I was fed up to a point that started cursing gnu/gna family.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com