Re: gEDA-user: Is the Guile 1.8.x dependancy holding back testing?

I would *love* to have guile-1.6.x back again.  The guile issue is one
of the big reasons I haven't spun a CD recently.

Guile 1.8 depends upon GNU's bignum package gmp, which isn't normally
pre-installed on most common distros.  For my CD to
successfully install gEDA, it needs to install guile-1.8.  To install
guile-1.8 I now need to install the bugnum stuff.  This is too many
dependencies for me to feel comfortable about bundling onto a CD with
a fairly dumb installer.

Therefore, reverting back to guile-1.6 would be a very welcome thing
to me!

Stuart