Re: gEDA-user: Is the Guile 1.8.x dependancy holding back testing?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:54:45PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> I just wanted to hear if the guile 1.8.x dependency is causing people
> problems,

It was a pain in the neck, but I already got it to build for me.

Packages linking with a zillion libraries each with half a dozen versions
is starting to get unmanagable.  In a few years I can only imagine how
crazy it will be...  gschem links with over 40 libraries!  And last time
I built from git the first problem I hit when I tried to test run it was
that it picked up an old (installed) libgeda.so and crashed due to struct
size mismatches.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>