Re: gEDA-user: How do I easily mirror a connector in pcb ?

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 16:44 -0600, armdeveloper wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 18:08 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
> > On 7/25/07, armdeveloper <armdeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've got a connector that is connected properly, etc, but needs to be
> > > mirrored left/right.  How do I do this and keep the connects, etc, in
> > > tact.  The real problem is that the pinout in the footprint should
> > > probably be mirrored.
> >
> > 1. Create a correct footprint with a different name
> > 2. Delete the incorrect footprint from the PCB
> > 3. Update your schematic with the new footprint name
> > 4. Run gsch2pcb
> > 5. Place the new footprint in the position of the old one.
> >
> > (* jcl *)
>
> Where is the footprint file for Header26_2 ?

If you have a new version of PCB (one which that has been converted from
M4 into pcb-newlib for you, try
under /usr/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/geda/HEADER26_2.fp

On my box that is ~pcjc2/geda/share/... as I install a development
version locally to my home dir.

Another possible search path is under /usr/local/share/...

Peter