Re: gEDA-user: Unwanted compent markings

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:44:27 -0700, Andy Peters wrote:

> I suppose I'm so used to the assembly people working from an assembly
> drawing (w/ refdes only) and a BOM which lists refdeses and our internal
> part numbers.  A part value, especially on something like SMT ceramic
> caps, isn't all that helpful.

I put the values and of SMD resistors and caps inside the box that mark
where the component goes. Refdeses simply go on top of the values.
Because the letters are mostly on the pads, they won't appear on the silk
screen of the fabricated board --- Font size would be way too small,
anyway. But assembly printouts can be enlarged to a convenient size.
With Refdeses and values directly on top of their corresponding
components there is no room for doubt and ambiguity even if space is
tight.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211