Re: gEDA-user: Unwanted compent markings

On Jul 28, 2007, at 7:32 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:50:16 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but I bet some people want a value on the assembly drawings ;-)
>
> Indeed. I tend to make two prints for my prototypes: One with
> values for
> initial populating the board. And a second with refdeses to link
> parts to
> the schematics when debugging the notorious blunders.

I suppose I'm so used to the assembly people working from an assembly
drawing (w/ refdes only) and a BOM which lists refdeses and our
internal part numbers.  A part value, especially on something like
SMT ceramic caps, isn't all that helpful.

Engineering debug needs the schematic and the assembly drawing.  The
former tells me what's what and the assembly drawing just tells me
where it is.

-a