Re: gEDA-user: Change of decimal delimiter

Hi Karl-Hermann,

On Monday 30 July 2007 21:45, Karl-Hermann Ketteler wrote:
> I'm just starting my first experiences with GEDA. I've tried out the
> first simple circuits containing resistances, inducances and
> capacitances, but the simulation does not work, neither ng-spice nor
> gnucap.

> Looking in detail onto the GUI of gSpiceui I notice that all decimal
> delimiters are commas instead of dots.

It's a known problem in GSpiceUI
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1576729&group_id=145635&atid=762570

> Does anybody know where to switch the default decimal delimiter or
> what else went wrong with the installation?

You can set the decimal delimiter in the shell before invoking GSpiceUI:
  export LC_NUMERIC=C

or apply the patch from the SF tracker

> Thanks in advance for any helpful advice

You're welcome

BTW: It's much easier to provide some help if there are basic
informations about the used versions and environment like:
  * programm version
  * distribution or used OS
  * the language you're using
  * ...