Re: gEDA-user: gsymcheck warnings

Hi Stefan,

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 14:10, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> gsymcheck -vv gives me this warnings for a symbol created with
> djboxsym:
>
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Number of pins does not match footprint size
>
> My guess is that gsymcheck does not like footprints-names like
> footprint=TQFP64_14

gsymcheck uses the trailing numbers of the footprint to guess the
pincount. This works fine in most cases like TQFP64 SO8 DIP14, ...
But it fails in other cases like TQFP64_14 (--> 14) or TO-92 or TO-220.

> which I used to get this footprint:
> /usr/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/geda/TQFP64_14.fp
>
> Missing pintype seems to result because djboxsym is not using
> pintypes. tragesym does, but is not so simple as djboxsym to use.

I don't think so ;-).

> How important is the pintype attribute in symbols?

You can do a design rule check (DRC) with your schematic to detect open
input pins, shortet output pins, ...  with the drc gnetlist backends.

I think it's important enough too invest the extra work.

Regards
Werner