Re: gEDA-user: Gnetlist bom

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:27:25 -0400, Ian Chapman wrote:

> Hi again, how do I pull a bill of material out of the schematic?  The
> documentation and Google leave me wondering if it is a work in process
> and which version of bom I should use.
>
>  BOM / BOM2 - Bill of Materials (-g bom and -g bom2)

A file produced by "-g bom" will contain as many lines as there are
components. Columns are seperated by tab characters. Lines are not sorted.

With "-g bom2" the refdeses of all components with the same value will be
collected into a single line. columns are seperated by colons (:).
Different items in the same column are seperated by a komma (,).
See http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-attribs?s=bom fo advice on how to
use bom2

> Partslist 1,2,3 - More Bill of Materials (-g partslist[1-3])

The partslist backends don't read the attrib file. So they will always
assemble the same tab separated columns.

partslist1:  will give a line for each and everey component. Lines are
sorted alphabetically by refdes.

partslist2: like partslist1, but the lines are sorted by the value of the
device attribute.

partslist3: assembles all parts with the same value in a single line,
very much like bom2. Lines are sorted by the value of the device
attribute. The fourth column reports the number of parts in a line.
Columns are seperated by the tab character, items by space.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog