Re: gEDA-user: Ngspice for Ubuntu

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:08:12 -0700, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

> Success!  After I got some of the other -dev packages installed,
> configure complained of missing libXaw!  Before that, even though I
> configured with --with-x, configure did not complain.

Some of the configure scripts involved with building geda from source do
not test for the *.h files. If you just have the runtime package
installed configure is happy but the build will fail somewhere down the
road. I got into the habit of always installing the dev-package of
whatever configure complains about.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak