Re: gEDA-user: Newbie questions

John Coppens schrieb:

>> 1. How can I highlight a complete net in gschem? I have mostly stuff
>> like http://bildrian.de/n/b/c3c0ce767ca5d198.png this - when I want to
>> find out where exactly PA2 goes, I have to manually follow each piece
>> of network, which is kind of annoying.
>
> According to
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cad.geda.user/12275
> it's not yet possible

Oh, this is quite unfortunate, since that would be an interesting
feature. Since the article you quoted was posted one year ago I believe
that there are no attempts on implementing that either, are there?

>> 2. I love the keyboard shortcuts, they make design really efficient
>> when you got used to. One thing that annoys me, however, is that nets
>> are started with "n", but when you're finished, you have to hit
>> "Escape". This is a long way from the "n". Can I remap it so that
>> finishing networks can be done with, say "b"?
>
> Right click will stop the current net, and left-click will restart the
> net (i.e. gschem remains in 'net' mode)

What I meant was the following: You draw a net, which is quite long and
has many corners. In the last step you misclick. Then you have to
right-click, Ctrl-Z, left click the last point, left click the correct
point, right click again.

It would be nice if, after the misclick you'd hit, for example "b" which
would revert the last network leg and still stay in network drawing mode
(e.g. that you do not have to left click the last point again). I guess
this isn't possible then?

>> 4. When moving vertecies which are connected to two networks (e.g. a
>> corner somewhere), how can it be done that *both* endpoints of the net
>> in question are moved? Currently when I move a point it first moves the
>> vertex from the first part, disconnecting the network. Then I have to
>> manually also pull the second one there.
>
> If you drag the center (not the endpoints) of a segment, it'll move
> entirely (remaining connected to the net). I'm not sure what you mean...

This is true. However, suppose I have the following constellation:

http://bildrian.de/n/b/975ae00f165bc4ee.png

Now I'm moving the rectifier to the lower left. No matter what legs I
select together with the rectifier, I'll always end up having to fix one
or two vertices, in this case two:

http://bildrian.de/n/b/84c98f67a293d55d.png

Therefore it'd be nice if the vertices of both leg nets could be moved
simultaniously. I don't see any point on why it would make sense to rip
the network apart upon movement of a vertex.

Regards,
Johannes