Re: gEDA-user: NEWBY problem with "slot" function in Bill Wilson's tutorial

On Jul 7, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Gary L. Roach wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> >     I have installed the gEDA suit from Debian and am working through
> > Wilson's gsch2pcb tutorial. Everything works fine except that the
> > slot=1
> > and slot=2 attributes don't seem to work. The pins on both opamps are
> > numbered 1 - 5. I have re-done the slot attributes several times to no
> > avail. My file setup is identical to the one in the tutorial. All
> > of the
> > information on the status screen, when firing up gschem, seems
> > reasonable. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am stalled until
> > this
> > is resolved. Please request any  additional information that you think
> > might be helpful.

1) I am using version 1.4.0.20080127 of gshhem.

2) As for as the slotted symbol is concerned, I hope this covers it:
        Device       OpAmp
       refdes         U101
       symversion 0.1
       netname   TL072
       footprint   DIL 8 300
       slot            2

    The slot 1 device is the same except the slot number.

3) I think the slot=2 is applied to the correct component because I "s"
clicked on the component to highlight, right clicked and selected Edit
to pull up the attribute edit window and then edited slot to =  2.

4) In the process of investigating things, I noticed the following in
the  log window:

 Read system-gafrc file [/etc/gEDA/system-gafrc]
Read ~/.gEDA/gafrc file [/home/gary/.gEDA/gafrc]
Read local gafrc file [/home/gary/gafrc]
Read system-gschemrc file [/etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc]
Read ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file [/home/gary/.gEDA/gschemrc]
Did not find optional local gschemrc file [/home/gary/gschemrc]
Read init scm file [/usr/share/gEDA/scheme/gschem.scm]
New file [/home/gary/untitled_1.sch]
Closing [/home/gary/untitled_1.sch]
New file [/home/gary/untitled_2.sch]
Read specified gafrc file [/home/gary/gaf/Tutorial/gafrc]
Did not find slotdef=#:#,#,#... attribute
Did not find slotdef=#:#,#,#... attribute
Read specified gafrc file [/home/gary/gaf/Tutorial/gafrc]
Did not find slotdef=#:#,#,#... attribute
Did not find slotdef=#:#,#,#... attribute
Zoom too small!  Cannot zoom further.
Did not find slotdef=#:#,#,#... attribute

This was generated when starting gschem and editing slot=2

I hope this information is helpful.

GaryR