* Spice netlister for gnetlist
gnucap> list

R1 ( Vin 1 )  1.K
C1 ( 1 0 )  1.u
D1 ( 1 Vout )  1N4004  area=NA( 1.)
gnucap> model 1N4004 D

model 1N4004 D
      ^ ? bad command

I had the utilities on my system from apt-get, I searched around online and found a 1N4004.MOD or so it seems. Maybe this will help?

-BAF

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsduifb@xxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Fuller schrieb:
> Thanks so much for the tutorial, it's nice to have it all so simply put, but
> funny enough my gwave doesn't understand the 1N4004 part, any suggestion for
> why this could be?

Thank you :-)

Did you really use the line

model 1N4004 D

to define a "standard" model under the name of "1N4004"? If not this
would be the case. If it still doesn't work, could you post a short
example of what exactly you're doing and why it doesn't work? Did you
use the files which are for download or try it yourself?

Kind regards,
Johannes