Re: gEDA-user: Newbie questions

Hi Johannes,

On Samstag, 12. Juli 2008, Johannes Bauer wrote:
> Werner Hoch schrieb:
> > Now you should be able to compile the new code and play with it.
>
> Hmm - I did exactly as you described it, it all worked fine. However,
> the compiled version (gEDA/gschem version 1.5.0.20080706) does not
> appear to be any different from the standard development version
> (i.e. I do not see how to enable net highlighting).
>
> Am I doing something wrong yet again or are there keys to enable
> highlighting or something like that? I've searched the menus, but
> couldn't locate any option that'd fit.

There's no option in the menus. Even the options inside the config files
are incomplete.

Click once on a net, one segement gets selected
Click again and all directly connected nets are selected
Click again and all indirect (with netnames) connnected nets are
selected.

> > Note: Using one of the git tree viewers gitk or qgit will help you
> > to understand the above steps.

> I will, as soon as I find the time! git seems to be capable of
> handling a *lot* more complex situations than svn does, I've just not
> had the time of fiddling around with it...

I think git is just a little bit more powerfull. It's not harder to use
than svn.

Regards
Werner