gEDA-user: Suggestions for using a capacitive sensor IC

I started to create a schematic for a capacitive sensing circuit to be used in an interface for a project I'm working on. I'm using Quantum's QTouch QT240 IC. I have yet to use PCB and I'd like to get suggestions on how to represent the electrodes and their footprints in the schematic.

I'm using the following application note:
 http://www.qprox.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/an-kd02_103-touch_secrets-16362.pdf

I'm going to use a back-firing configuration with LEDs similar to figure 10. Where I have yet to use PCB how do I create these electrodes? I appreciate all suggestions and advice.

Thanks,

Rob