Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchial refdes vs. board assembler

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 09:47 -0700, Steve Meier wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Is there a compromise possible. Can you generate an xy text file using
> R, C and U and a bom without having to change your schematic and
> silkscreen?

They wanted the silkscreen to match I think. I found an internal
"compromise"..

I hacked gnetlist to add an "--map" argument which specifies a refdes
remapping file.

Format:

OLD_REFDES NEW_REFDES

I hacked gsch2pcb to add pass arbitrary extra gnetlist options, and now
I can netlist successfuly. My schematics have full hierarchy, and the
refdes get bent inside gnetlist to match the renumbered board.

The ".map" file is really easy to create from the output of PCB's
"Renumber" action (suitably modified of course, to ignore the hierarchy
names and rename using the prefix of the component).

> Also can you ask them which IPC specification they are referring to?

This argument has sailed, but if I get a chance, I will ask if they
could let me know, or send a copy.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,