Re: gEDA-user: Making PCB parts

Vincent,

The attached fp seems to work okay in my PCB (20080202).

> Among of try many
> things which none worked I moved the directory m4 to a an other location
> this solved this problem I do not intend use the m4 any way.

Good move.  Some find the M4 footprints more versatile, but I do what you
do ... omit the m4 directory and just use my own file footprints.

> I had changed the appropriate group of numbers, it was OK pads were
> correct only now the part filled up the full size board space

Check to make sure you've got all of your 'decimal' points in the right
place:  100000 = 1 inch.  If you got an extra zero it could swamp the
whole pcb area.

Like I said, the fp you sent loads okay.  The copper annulae seem a bit on
the small side--they will hold the weight of the txfmr, right?

Phil