Re: gEDA-user: gschem: dual head OS X dialogs in South forty

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:50:31 -0700, Dave N6NZ wrote:

> The problem: Dialogs pop up on the laptop screen, not the monitor where
> the gschem window is displayed. So I end up having to mouse waaaaaay
> over to the other screen to work in the dialog box, and mouse waaaaay
> back to work in the gschem window.

Working with two identical screens, this seems like a feature to me. That
way, I maintain full view of the schematic while working with the
dialogs. Anyway, this should not be a problem, because current gschem
remembers the position and size of the dialogs. Move the window kto
whereever it suits your needs and gschem will remember even across
sessions.
IIRC, this was added about a year ago.

> I'm not sure if there is anything in the XWindows API to manage that,
> but is sure would be nice if gschem was multi-monitor aware.

If you happen to use gnome, you can use an app called devilspie to
manipulate windows on the fly.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak