Re: gEDA-user: Test with SVG schematics

On Thursday 31 July 2008 16:38:37 Kevin Bortis wrote:

> I think a SVG based schematic format would have huge advantage over
> other formats. One is that you could view any schematics direct in a
> web browser without need of any EDA Software installed.

This is something that Peter Clifton and I discussed at some length during the
first couple of months of this year.

One of the problems we encountered was the question of how to associate
electrical data (connectivity etc) with the graphical elements -- in
particular, the question of how to make symbols and heirachy work well.

This was one of the ideas behind my SCANT project
(http://scant.peter-b.co.uk/) which has since stalled because I'm lazy. ;)

                                     Peter

--
Peter Brett