Re: gEDA-user: Error building PCB from CVS

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:42:31 -0700, Eric Brombaugh wrote:
>
>> Probably a dumb question: I'm building PCB from CVS on Fedora 9,
>
> Just in case you don't already know: pcb recently switched to git. There
> is still a cvs mirror, though. See http://pcb.gpleda.org/obtaining.html
>

>> following the steps described in README.cvs and INSTALL. Mostly works
>> until partway through 'make':
>>
>> pcb.texi:4293: @image file `pad.png' (for HTML) not readable: No such
>> file or directory.

First question is exactly which sources?  Are they from sourceforge
(which is frozen in time and probably needs to be turned off) or from
gpleda?

>    configure --disable-doc
> or
>    configure --enable-maintainer-mode

The latter is no longer the right suggestion.  In fact, the only reason
you should ever want --disable-doc is if you are building from git and
configure came back and told you it couldnt' find all the tools it wants
to build the docs.

-Dan