Re: gEDA-user: Needs create a language (english, spanish...) specific list?

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 13:55 +0200, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> In last months I think about is a good point to create specifics
> language list
>[...]
>
> What you think about?

Is this really a good idea?

Sure, sometimes on this list is much traffic -- seems that Joerg can
type very fast, but he seems writing somewhere else now. Sometimes we
have off-topic postings...And we have user and developer discussion
mixed. One solution: Subscribe but disable mail delivery, so you can
post questions, but are not flooded with too much traffic. Kai-Martin
some time ago wrote about reading the list via a newgroup client --
seems to be a nice solution, but I have to investigate how this works.

Back to other languages: I know about some German lists or newsgroups
with very little traffic -- so some people post in the German and
English group at the some time! Bad idea. If you need a smart answer or
have an important comment, you will always prefer the English list,
because this is where the developers and most users are. The people on
this list are smart -- they can understand my poor English and they can
respond in simple word so I can understand it.

And one very important point: Here I can exercise my English.

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski