Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter Changes

Ethan Swint wrote:

> Moreover - the cost multiples could be assigned to each branch of a net
> (or groups of branches), e.g. the distance from a USB connector to the
> receiver chip would be very high, the difference in the distance between
> a parallel interface is high, the area between two differential traces,
> etc.

These kinds of topo constraint criteria sound good.  I also think that
once you get some what-if outputs and your EE-trained-eyes see them, the remaining
constraints would be on mixed groups that are not practical to separate, and
so, those constraints would be circuitry selected by some polygon selection zone
rather than being a topo definition.  by that time, the autorouter has done almost all
of its task anyway.  You wouldn't want to leave nothing to the humans and encapsulate
an entire BSEE degree in that program, "Would you?"

John Griessen :-)

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX