Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter Changes

Anthony Blake wrote:

> Hmm.. for example, if there is some EMC consideration which might lead a
> human to make a geometric constraint, wouldn't it be possible to define
> those EMC constraints so that the toporouter can make the same decisions
> the human did, with the aid of in-layout simulation?

Doubtful.  There's never just one consideration.  There's typically 6.
And three merge into a chip package or several related ones inside which
we have no physical map.  Then there's the other three...

For instance what to do with analog and digital grounds on some chips like A2Ds?
any signal crossing a gap in ground plane is bad, yet we have AGND and DGND
often.  The answer(s) to this kind of question is(are) long.

John