Re: gEDA-user: TI's "SOT25" DBV footprint...

> TI's sn74lvc1g240 part uses what appears dimensionally to be an ordinary
> SOT25 package, but the pin numbering is different.  Am I better off to
> just construct my own footprint, or is there a way to deal with this at
> the symbol level and still show the right pin numbers in the schematic?

I'm pretty sure everyone will have a different way to deal with this.
My personal preference is to keep the footprint consistent and have
different symbols for variances in pin numbering.

My reasoning: the footprint is a physical description of a component
and can represent multiple components. The schematic is the logical
description and the logic (pin numbering in this case) varies for
different components.