Re: gEDA-user: gerbv-2.3.0 released

   On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Dan McMahill <[1]dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   Mark Rages wrote:
   > What is the likelihood of moving --photo-mode from pcb to gerbv
   where
   > it belongs?

     don't know about *moving* it.  I'm certainly not opposed to
     *adding* it
     to gerbv though.  I guess I'd have to do some reading of the code
     to see
     exactly what photo-mode is doing though.  Also I'm not that
     familiar
     with how much of the drawing part of gerbv works.  Patches are
     always
     welcome.

   Can PCB plot gerber files from the command line? If not I would rather
   not
   see the --photo-mode removed. I use this mode from the command line
   all the time (thanks Ben and DJ). When I need to email a snapshot of a
   layout I type in pcb-pic and the script outputs top and bottom jpegs
   that I attach. It is nice to type in a single command rather than
   multiple menus
   to plot gerbers.
   (* jcl *)

   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   [2]http://www.luciani.org