Re: gEDA-user: Footprint flags for pad shapes

> 0x0100 -> square (match with .pdf)
> 0x0900 -> square (I found in a QFN package footprint) what shape should
> it be?
> 0x0000 -> rounded (match with .pdf)
> 0x0800 -> rounded (the .pdf says: octogon)

http://pcb.gpleda.org/pcb-cvs/pcb.html#Object-Flags

0x0100 -> square (vs round)
0x0800 -> octagon

Note that octagon only really applies to vias, not pins or pads.
Don't know why.

Round means circle, not rounded-corners.  When width!=height you get
round-ended lines.

> Can I create a pad like this?

Not with a single pad, no.

If you have the time and want to add support for the octagon flag to
pads, go ahead.  Just beware you have to fix the autorouter and DRC
modules too.