Re: gEDA-user: Broken mail clients

> To: <geda-user@xxxxxxxx>

> Even emacs can't help but send two copies with headers like this.

Only if you insist on adding the To: address to the Reply-To: address
when sending.  If there's a Reply-To:, it's probably there for good
reason, and it should take specific action to reply to anything not
listed there.

> As for receiving, there's a simple procmail rule that eliminates
> duplicates.

> :0 Wh: .msgid.lock.$LOGNAME
> | /usr/bin/formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache.$LOGNAME

If, of course, you have procmail available and you don't mind losing
all duplicates, for pure "same message-ID" values of "duplicate".
(Including, for exmaple, private copies of list mail; at least some
people I've heard from _want_ separate copies, since they file direct
mail and list mail separately.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx