Re: gEDA-user: Broken mail clients

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, der Mouse wrote:
> > To: <geda-user@xxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Even emacs can't help but send two copies with headers like this.
>
> Only if you insist on adding the To: address to the Reply-To: address
> when sending.  If there's a Reply-To:, it's probably there for good
> reason, and it should take specific action to reply to anything not
> listed there.

It seems a fairly common issue, I wouldn't call it a bug though.

FWIW kmail does the same (replies to reply-to and to and they are
different).

Can the reply to header be adjusted to geda-user@xxxxxxxx?

My personal preference is to drop reply-to altogether (so that reply &
reply-all do different things like intended).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum