gEDA-user: annoying PCB hangups

I've been working with PCB compiled on 26 Feb 2009 in Fedora 11 and have
encountered one annoying hangup and one crash in the gui fairly
frequently.  Neither one have been consistent enough for me to nail down
completely, but I wondered if anyone else has encountered something
similar to the following events:

The hangup comes when I use Alt-Tab to switch from another window (e.g.
schematic) to PCB and immediately scroll.  The PCB canvas becomes
unresponsive, the buttons and menu become grayed out, but the
application doesn't hammer any system resources (CPU, memory, disk).
Clicking the "close window" icon has immediate results and I think that
I have been prompted to save unchanged work.

The crash comes from clicking in the netlist window after changing the
netlist, e.g. directly editing the .pcb file or importing a netlist.  A
workaround is to close & reopen the netlist window with every change.
This can result in the loss of work, although the auto-backup does
prevent too much from being lost.

Regards,
Ethan