Re: gEDA-user: howto produce a diff-files

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:47:10 +0000 (UTC), Kai-Martin Knaak
<kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> As you can see, I am still clueless how git works. Can you give a
> concise explanation what staging means in this context? Is there
> a git HOWTO for dummies somewhere?

Yes, and they're all linked from http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scm. I'd
also like to point out that git has *excellent* man pages.

The way I usually do things is to run `git status' and `git diff' to see
what changes I've made.  I then use `git add <filename>' to add my changes
to the index.  I then run `git commit' to make a commit.  Then I can use
`git format-patch' and/or `git send-email' to create patchfiles from my
changes. `gitk' is a very useful tool for visualising changes.

well, I used to do all that, but then I discovered stgit. ;)

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>