Re: gEDA-user: RFC refdes positions on pcb

John Luciani wrote:

>    I would find it difficult to use. Rather than reading a refdes you
>    have  to perform a lookup.
that's the down side, yes.
>    Since S6.S401 is repeated for all refdeses can you just put a box
>    around the sub-circuit and label it S6.S401? You could then replace the three
>    character key with a three character refdes.
I like that idea - pretty sure it's been tossed around here before.  Let
me see if I can make that work. Any ramifications for an assembly house?
>    The table consumes a lot of board area which can not be used for
>    components or vias.
the board is sparse outside of that particular section - not a problem
placing the text.