Re: gEDA-user: Make-sure-internal-order-of-symbols-is-not-relevant-.patch

On Jul 31, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

>> or (b) provide some
>> mechanism for the backend to tell the frontend which attributes it
>> cares
>> about?
>
> I don't think, that any information should flow from back-end to
> front-
> end. Sounds like asking for trouble to me.

Exactly. The problem is that it's the back end that knows what is
needed here. Therefore, these decisions should not be hard wired into
the front end. Instead, the relevant information should be made
available to the back end. And it's easier to implement that way anyway.

My offer still stands: write a primitive in C to make the required
list of lists of lists, and I'll write the filters in Scheme.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx