Re: gEDA-user: Looking for a flash IC programming service

Hello fellow free EDA users,

I wonder, would there happen to be anyone on this list who has a working
flash chip programmer setup and who would be willing to help out a
fellow Open Source Hardware maker, for some monetary compensation for
your time and effort?

I need to have some 29F040 type flash chips programmed, using code
images which I post on my public FTP site.  (The code to be programmed
into the chips is 100% FOSS, the source can be checked out by anyone at
any moment from my anonymous CVS repo, and the OSDCU board these chips
go into is 100% open source too: the schematic and PCB sources in the
ueda and pcb respective formats are posted on the FTP site, as are the
Gerber, PostScript, PDF and BOM files generated from them.)

I don't have my own device programmer that can be used without Weendoze,
I no longer have access to one at my day job, and I have tried to get
the same contract manufacturer who has been soldering my boards for me
to do the flash chip programming as well, but they don't seem interested
enough in my business to bother learning how to use their programmer.
(They have tried, but gave up at the first sight of an error message
from their software.)

So I am looking to hire someone else with a working device programmer
setup to program these 29F040s for me.  These are 5V 512Kx8 flash chips,
PLCC32 packages, very classic.  I can ship you the Am29F040 parts I have
along with a check for the programming service, or if you have blank
parts of your own which you don't mind selling, that would work too.  I
have two images that need to be programmed (upper and lower halves of a
16-bit data bus), and I would like to program 5 chips with each image,
for a total of 10 chips.

I would greatly appreciate any offers.  I'm located in California and
would prefer to work with someone in USA to avoid international
logistics.

MS