Re: gEDA-user: 0805 geometry, was: Script for converting mm to hundredths of thou

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 01:09 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:

> Maybe now is the time to keep my promise about the footprint for the
> Texas Instruments bq24103 that's attached. It has a grid in the central
> solder paste-
> apperture and thermal vias now. At least I hope the pins act as thermal
> vias...

Thanks.

That basic shape can be done easy with sfg.rb, but some fine tuning is
necessary :-)

You used flag "nopaste" -- I have never seen that before, I should
mention it in my footprint ref summary. Maybe I should include a note
about overlapping pads/pins too...

You used the same NAME for overlapping/touching Pads/Flags.
I may be wrong, but I think the common recommendation is to use the same
PIN NUMBER! Number is for netlist, name is arbitrary, so I think my
memory is correct. But I am not absolutely sure, because in most cases I
make pin name and number the same.

Best regards

Stefan