Re: gEDA-user: question about how to get pads on my circuit board for power and gnd...

> I am trying to make my first PCB and I have selected a super-simple circuit
> to start with, a 555 astable circuit. It's a single-sided board, and I'm
> going to etch it myself - something I've always wanted to try.
>
> But what footprints do I use for the GND and VCC connections? I guess I
> would just like these to be two pads on the PCB. Is there a way to tell
> gschem this? Or do I just manually make that change in the pcb program?

Usually, you would add one two-pin connector, or two one-pin
connectors, for the power connection.  There are a range of footprints
available for this - if you just want to solder wires to it, HEADER2_1
is sufficient - it's just two pins on 0.1" centers.

Creating footprints isn't that hard - adding a one-pin "pad" for
soldering or test points is a suitable beginner's exercise.  See
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/ for a tutorial.