Re: gEDA-user: verilog -> gschem

     Message: 1
     Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:31:44 -0700
     From: <[1]frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Subject: gEDA-user: verilog -> gschem
     To: [2]geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       I've looked at the mailing list archives and seen people ask but
       haven't seen if anyone has code to take a verilog netlist and
     create a
       gschem file from it. I don't care about what the schematic looks
     like,
       can be ugly. I just need to get it into gschem format to run
     through
       gnetlist to a different netlist format.
       Why? Well, I'm getting files from different tools (gschem along
     with
       tools from other sites) and the common format I can generate is
     verilog
       which works out well because I'm using icarus verilog for
     simulation.
       The next step in the process requires running the design through
       gnetlist but since gnetlist only reads gschem files as input I
     need to
       get the verilog files to gschem to feed gnetlist.
       -Frank
     ------------------------------

   The only difference between that and and PCB layout program is that you
   don't care about trace width and you can cross lines  without
   connecting them.
   What you need is a symbol generator ( trivial script) , and autoplacer
   ( trivial
   unless you want your result to be understandable and easily routed) and
   a autorouter ( PHD project and maybe a career).
   You should be able to do a script that generates a graphical rats nest
   that
   had all the correct connections. That should work.
   John Eaton